Nobles County Jail Information Guide
- Jail Phone – (507) 295-5290
- Jail E-mail – email@example.com
- For on-line deposits to an inmate’s account go to www.jailatm.com.
- The jail only accepts money orders and cashiers checks payable to the Nobles County Jail with the inmates name referenced. Money orders and cashiers checks only accepted during visitation or by mail.
- Personal checks are not accepted.
- There is a kiosk teller machine in the main entrance of the Prairie Justice Center for cash and credit card deposits.
- The money will be credited to the inmate’s account for their use.
- The Jail staff is not allowed to share information about the inmate’s account with anyone, other than the inmate.
- Messages are not taken for the inmates.
- If you wish to leave a message for an inmate, you may do so by calling the inmate message systems at (507) 407-2017. These messages are not confidential.
- Inmates may purchase phone cards from the Jail or on-line at reliancetelephone.com.
- These cards are available in the amounts of $10 and $20.
- Our phone system only accepts these phone cards. Any other phone cards do not work with our Jail phones.
- You may also set up collect calls for inmates by calling toll-free (800) 896-3201.
- Visiting Hours are as follows:
Sunday – 9:00AM-11:00AM, 7:00PM-10:00PM
Tuesday – 7:00PM-10:00PM
Thursday – 9:00AM-11:00AM
- Each visitor must register to be eligible to visit. Registration can be done at https://www.reliancetelephone.com. Click on the friends and family tab.
- Registered visitors may visit up to 2 times a day and up to 4 times a week.
- You must schedule your visit no later than FOUR (4) hour prior to the visitation period you wish to visit at. You may schedule a visit by calling (507) 295-5378 or on the website https://www.reliancetelephone.com
- Visits will be 20 minutes in length.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and are allowed to visit a parent or legal guardian.
- Siblings under the age of 18 will not be allowed to visit.
- A birth certificate or legal papers verifying guardianship must accompany the child.
- All visitors must provide photo identification.
Video Calling Instructions
- Receive invite text with link to Reliance website
Choose which version of the app you can use (Android or Apple)
- Select Google Play Store if you have an Android device
- Search for Reliance Connect if the link does not work
- Select Apple App Store if you have an Apple device
- Search for Reliance Connect if the link does not work
- Sign in with Reliance Account if you have an existing account or create a new account.
- Follow the App setup steps to verify your phone number and make a test call to ensure initial connection.
- Let the inmate know that you can receive video calls now.
Public Tips and Troubleshooting
- You can fund an inmates account at https://www.reliancetelephone.com. Video calling is the same as texting. Just click on “Fund Inmate Texting Account”
- For best quality and results connect to a wireless network for video calling. This will also prevent data usage.
- If the call has issues (i.e. One side can’t see/hear the other, audio delay, etc.)
- Make sure you are on Wifi
- Close the app out and reopen it
- On an Apple device – double click the home button and then swipe up on the app.
- On an Android device – this varies based on manufacturer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- On an Apple device – hold your finger on the App icon until it shakes, then click the small “x” in the corner of the app icon.
- On an Android device – drag the App icon to the uninstall option.
- If you are still having issues you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our customer service Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST at (800) 896-3201.
- All mail must come through the United States Post Office.
- Only mail that comes through the Post Office will be delivered to the inmate.
- All incoming non-privileged mail will be copied. The copies will be given to the inmate and originals will be destroyed.
- The inmate may purchase stamps and envelopes at the Jail through jail canteen.
- The Jail does not accept stamps, envelopes, or mail, left by visitors for the inmate.
- Address inmate mail to:
- Inmates Name
- Nobles County Jail
- 1530 Airport Ste 200
- Worthington MN 56187
- Nobles County jail does not allow photos.
- All religious material will be inspected by jail staff.
- Books and magazines are not allowed.
VINE – Victim Information and Notification Everyday
The Minnesota VINE system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes. The VINE toll-free number for the Minnesota VINE system is 877-MN4-VINE or 877-664-8463. This service is provided to assist Victims of Crime who have a right to know about their offender’s custody status. There is also a mobile app available for VINE. Go to www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=24002 for more information.
ICE – Victim Notification Program
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), is committed to protecting the public and ensuring that the rights of victims are carefully observed. HSI administers the Victim Notification Program which allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien’s release from custody. Go to http://www.ice.gov/victim-notification/ to learn more about the program.
National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
In Accordance with the National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003, the Nobles County Jail has a policy of zero tolerance with regard to sexual abuse and sexual harassment in this facility and will take appropriate affirmative measures to protect all inmates from sexual abuse and harassment and to promptly and thoroughly investigate all allegations of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. The Nobles County Sheriff’s Office will investigate any criminal allegations. Any person may report any allegation on the behalf of any inmate to the Nobles County Sheriff’s Office at (507) 295-5400 or to Southwest Crisis Center at (800) 376-4311.
Any further questions regarding the Nobles County Jail should be directed to the Nobles County Sheriff’s Department by phone (507) 295-5400, by email to one of the Jail Staff, or by using our Online Feedback Form.
If you would like to make a report anonymously, please call Southwest Crisis Center at (507) 376-4311.
PREA Incident Tracking Log
|Inmate to Inmate||Inmate to Staff||Inmate to Inmate||Inmate to Staff||Inmate to Inmate||Inmate to Staff||Inmate to Inmate||Inmate to Staff
|Number of Incidents:|
|Sexual Abuse Incidents||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||1|
|Sexual Harassment Incidents||1||0||2||0||4||0||0||0|
*Incidents have diminished from previous years due to intense staff and inmate training concerning sexual harassment and/or abuse in confinement settings.
The County Administration Office is located in the Nobles County Government Center in downtown Worthington, MN. The office serves the county board of commissioners as its Clerk, through an administrator and an administrative assistant.
The County Administrator duties are a combination of statutory responsibilities as defined in MN Statute 375A.06 and duties assigned by the board. The administrator is responsible for the annual budget, strategic planning, implementation and execution of the ordinances, policies and wishes of the board, and providing leadership for the county staff and general operations of the county. The administrator represents the county in numerous intergovernmental relationships by serving on a number of boards, committees and associations across the region and state, as assigned by the county board.
Nobles County Jail
Dan Bosman – Jail Administrator email@example.com
Aaron Ahlers – Assistant Jail Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Como – Jail Program Coordinator email@example.com
Schedule Inmate Visits
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) English Flyer
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Audit
HSI Victim Notification Program
Public Data Release
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Spanish Flyer