2021 Tax Payment Dates
May 17, 2021 – All Taxes
August 31, 2021 – Mobile Home Taxes
October 15, 2021 – City Taxes
November 15, 2021 – Farm Taxes and Mobile Home Taxes
You may pay your property taxes using the following methods:
By Mail – Make your checks payable to Nobles County Auditor-Treasurer and mail to:
Nobles County Auditor-Treasurer
Po Box 757
Worthington, MN 56187
Your payment must be postmarked on or before the due date or penalties will apply. If your tax
payment is past due, please contact the Auditor-Treasurer office at (507) 295-5258 to determine
the amount of penalty you must include with your payment.
Direct Payment Plan – With this convenient, hassle-free program, your property tax payment
is automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Send the completed form
Sign up Form for Property Tax Direct Pay Plan directly to the Auditor-Treasurer Office.
If the due date falls on a weekend, your payment will be processed the next business day.
Authorization will remain in effect until you notify the Auditor-Treasurer Office that you
wish to cancel. If you switch bank accounts or wish to add or delete parcels, you must
contact the Auditor-Treasurer office at (507) 295-5258.
Online by Credit or Debit Card – You can stop by our office or pay online with a credit or debit card.
Convenience fees will be charged.
In Person – Property taxes can be paid at the following location:
Nobles County Government Center
315 10th Street
Worthington, MN 56187
Escrowed – Your taxes may be included in your mortgage payment. If your statement
indicates that you are escrowed, your tax amount has been forwarded to the escrow
agent for collection. Please keep a copy of the tax statement for your reference. For
more information, please contact your financial institution.
- Filing of all legal plats.
- Filing of all deeds and mortgages.
- Maintain records of all property owners.
- Certification of tax levies for taxing districts.
- Calculate tax capacity rates, credits and net property taxes.
- Specials assessments.
- Wind Energy Taxes.
- Transmission and Distribution Line Taxes.
- Maintain ditch fund assessments.
- Tax increment financing.
- Collection of current and delinquent property taxes.
- Minnesota property tax refunds.
- Distribution of taxes to taxing districts.
- Tax forfeiture proceedings.
- Member of County Board of Equalization
- Sign up Form for Property Tax Direct Pay Plan
- Recording Document Checklist
- Property Tax Refund – Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Online Property Tax Parcel Search