Place recyclables in your recycling container and deposit them at any drop-off site.
Cities & Municipalities
Place recyclables in your recycling container and deposit them at your curb. The green recycling container must be at the curb for pick-up service.
Green recycling containers can be picked up at Schaap Sanitation in Worthington. There is a small fee for Schaaps to drop off the container at your residence.
Recycling Drop-off Sites
Note: the following guide has been provided to provide information on Recycling Services for residents living and/or working in Nobles County. The information on this page may change from time to time as we make changes to our Recycling Program. Please regard this page's information as up-to-date.
- Green, Brown and Clear Glass
- Empty, rinse and remove caps and rings
- Labels do not need to be removed
- Food and beverage containers only
- No dishes, mirrors, window or broken glass, light bulbs
- Aluminum Cans, Pie Tins, Trays and Tin Food Cans
- Empty and rinse
- Remove labels
- Crushing cans is optional
- No scrap metals
- No aerosol cans, screw on lids, or paint cans
- Check for appropriate symbols - Plastics #1 thru #7 can be recycled
- Remove caps, empty and rinse
- Oil containers: drain, leave caps on
- Labels do not have to be removed
- Examples: pop bottles, milk bottles, detergent bottles, bleach bottles, butter, sour cream and dip containers
- No hard plastics, toys or plastic bags
- Newspaper, Office Paper, Cardboard, Books (hard covers must be removed), Magazines and Phone Books
- Office paper: white, manila and pastel colored paper, computer paper, copy machine paper and envelopes
- All unwaxed corrugated cardboard
- Keep clean and dry
- Break down cardboard boxes flat
- Phone books
- Books: soft cover, hard covers must be removed
- Cereal boxes, 12 pack beverage boxes, TV dinner boxes