Services & Responsibilities
The Nobles County Assessor’s Office is responsible for the appraisal of all real estate, personal property and mobile homes within the County. They determine the fair market value and classification of property based upon its use in accordance with the law. They supervise and advise the local jurisdictions on advalorem appraisal, conduct statistical studies of market value ratios, prepare appraisal reports for the County Board and Tax Court and advise municipalities and the County Board on assessment issues.
In addition, the County Assessor provides assessment services for jurisdictions that contract with the County and provides appraisal services where under qualified appraisers exit.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Determine the use of each property and assign a classification based on that use.
- Determine the homestead status of the property.
- Determine the advalorem appraised value of each property.
- Calculate the tax capacity of each property.
- Notify taxpayers annually of the classification and market value of their property.
- Assist Local Boards and County Board with Equalization meetings.
- Answer property tax questions.
- Grand Prairie Township Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Little Rock Township Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Ransom Township Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Rushmore City Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Brewster City Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
Nobles County Assessor
315 Tenth St.
PO Box 757
Worthington, MN 56187
(507) 295-5208 (p)
(507) 372-8238 (f)