Frequently Asked Questions

Nobles County, Minnesota

   Nobles County Mission

In cooperation with our citizens, we improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities by fostering a healthy economy and environment in Nobles County.

Nobles County Community Health Services

318 Ninth St.
PO Box 189
Worthington, MN 56187

For appointments for WIC, Immunizations, and Refugee Health please call:

(507) 295-5360(p)
(507) 372-5094 (f)

Phone Contact Process

If this is an emergency, call 911.

  • If you are ill, call your health care provider.
  • For a poisoning emergency, call the Minnesota Poison Control System at 1-800-222-1222.
  • During business hours, to reach the Minnesota Department of Health, call 651-201-5000 or 1-888-345-0823, or for TTY: 651-201-5797
  • If you are a physician calling about an infectious disease, please call 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414, anytime.
  • To report a natural or manmade emergency that may have serious public health consequences for the community, call the local public health office at 507-295-5213.

Nobles County Budget Online


Board of Appeal and Equalization - Agenda

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need an appointment?

Yes, appointments are necessary for all clinical services. To make an appointment, call 507-295-5360 (Worthington).

Who can use Public Health Department services?

Anyone can use services offered by the Public Health Department.

How much do services cost?

Costs vary from service to service. You may receive free or reduced-cost services if you meet certain criteria (such as income, age, or health insurance status). For more information, call 507-295-5360 (Worthington).

Do you accept private health care insurance?

We do accept private and governmental insurance programs. For more information, call 507-295-5360 (Worthington).

Do you offer services in Spanish?

Yes, we offer verbal interpretation at the Worthington.

Are your services confidential?

Yes, all services are confidential. Our staff maintains the highest level of confidentiality for all clients. 

Does the Public Health Department offer primary health care services?

We are not a licensed primary health care provider. If you have primary care needs, please consult your physician, the telephone book, or other health care facilities.

I have a sore throat. Can I get a strep throat test at the Public Health Department?

No, the Public Health Department does not diagnose or treat strep throat.

My neighbor’s child has an earache. But, when I tried to make an appointment for my sick child, the operator said that you don’t treat ill patients. Why is this?

Because we are not a primary health care provider, we cannot treat ill patients. If a Public Health Nurse finds an earache, dental problem, or other condition, they will usually refer the patient to your family practitioner.